REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
New members must SUBMIT A COPY OF DD 214 DISCHARGE PAPERWORK DEPICTING CHARACTER OF DISCHARGE (MEMBER 4 COPY).
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE DEPICTING HONORABLE DISCHARGE COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE (Click here to obtain a copy of DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Membership Dues Payment. (Dues $50 annually). Make checks payable to American Legion Post 377. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. Copy OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
c. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post. Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.